The Hooper Home Team Approach
Thinking of Buying a Home in Ottawa?
Our unique approach can help
The Hooper Home Team takes a unique approach that ensures you get the most from your real estate investments – whether you’re buying a home in Ottawa, or an investment property. Because honesty and integrity are central to how we do business, we start by ensuring that you understand the buying process and all of the options that are available to you. If you’re thinking of buying a home in Ottawa, you’ve come to the right place.
Our Win – Win, or NO deal approach is your path to success. We start by listening to fully understand your needs, then we help you define and refine your search, so that you have the best chance of finding the home to fit your needs and lifestyle. Whether you are engaging our services in your home search and purchase or not, we’d like to make two helpful recommendations to you:
- Do use a Realtor® in your search. A Realtor® can help you understand how to navigate the sometimes-complex world of real estate transactions. Also, a Realtor® who understands the area in which you are searching can be an invaluable asset.
- Don’t begin working with a Realtor® without a Buyer Representation Agreement and Buyer Customer Service Agreement (read more below)
Our buying philosophy is predicated on educating and informing the buyer. At every stage of the search and buying process, we provide our clients with all the information they need to make informed decisions. And when it comes time to make an offer, our clients feel confident in their choice because of the methodical approach that led them to their final decision.
We Know Ottawa Neighbourhoods
Perhaps you’re new to Ottawa. Or maybe you’re thinking of making a local move to scale up as your family grows, or to scale down as your nest empties. Whatever your situation, we have inside knowledge on neighbourhoods around Ottawa. We’ve helped many individuals and families who are relocating to Ottawa, or making a move within the city. Our specialty is Ottawa’s sought-after urban communities where you’ll find a mix of traditional and modern homes and where there you’ll find lots of local amenities, and an easy commute to downtown. Be sure to check out our Insider’s Guide to Ottawa’s Urban Neighbourhoods as you begin your search for the perfect area to suit your lifestyle, then call us to get more details along with listings in your areas of interest.
The Buyer Representation Agreement
The Buyer Representation Agreement is an agreement between you and your Realtor®, stating that for a designated period of time, you have engaged a specific real estate brokerage to work exclusively on your behalf to find a property. The agreement confirms the REALTOR®’s commitment to make his or her best efforts for the buyer. The contract provides you with an outline of your many rights and assurances, including:
- Reassuring you that we will ALWAYS fulfill our duties
- Ensuring you understand that we will provide professional advice
- Providing assurance that we will always provide you with DILIGENT AND ATTENTIVE service
- Assuring you that your interests will ALWAYS be protected.
- Clearly outlining all of your home search criteria.
Before You Begin Your Search
Before beginning your house hunting journey, here are a few things you should consider.
Have you been pre-approved for a mortgage? This is one of the most important steps in the home buying process. Mortgage pre-approval offers you these advantages:
- It helps you determine what you can afford.
- Shopping for a mortgage before you find your dream home gives you a bit more time to find the best interest rate.
- Having the mortgage approval settled before you search lets you act quickly when you find the right home. When a seller is confident that their home will sell, they may not take a conditional offer when the condition is based on financing.
The Hooper Home Team always recommends that you get a home inspection whether buying a century home or new construction. The buyer learns about the operation and maintenance of their new home and best practices for protecting their investment. Professional inspectors can also identify deficiencies or concerns related to mechanics and structure of a new building. The Hooper Home Team has attended hundreds of home inspections and has the experience with the issues that can arise, and can advise you so that your best interests are protected.